Track who opened the LINK
You must have heard that we can track Link open rates. After sending emails you can see how many people have clicked the link. BUT BUT think if you can send them a related article or video link at the time they click your sent link.
Doesn’t this sound fascinating….
Imagine you are reading an article about a new feature of integromat then you start wondering if I could have a video for this or if I could have a hot offer then it would be awesome. Then suddenly in 2–5 minutes, a new email pops up with a video or offer to avail.
How will you feel? You may start thinking about how they read my mind?
They haven’t read your mind, they have used simple automation. And you can use it too. Let’s explore PROs and CONs and how you can use it for your business.
I will be creating one simple integromat webhook link and manipulating it with client details to match it in a google sheet later on and do a different action. Since now I can’t send this weird link, I will be using Bitly or Rebrandly to shorten it.
First of all, Let’s see some PROs and CONs
- Helps in identifying hot and cold Leads.
- You can send a new update when they are paying attention to your content.
- Make them feel that you are not a small business but a big business to send updates when they are thinking of you.
- Send an offer when they have time to think of you but not according to general statistics.
- Old people can become grumpy. They can think that someone is hacking them.
- If they click Link several times, They will get email same number of times.
Here is the process explained in the video
- Integromat Account (create from my affiliate link and get 1 month subscription for free)
- Database of client (Google sheet in our case)
- Re-brandly or Bitly Account (To shorten link)
- Email Account (Gmail account in our case)
- Way to design Custom Link: Integromat_link.com?key=value&key=value
Steps to build custom link scenario for live updates
1. Custom webhook module
I have used this link to build custom links with my other variables and then to shorten it with rebrandly or bitly. This module will get the info of specific clients and destinations they wanna check. As you can see in the picture below.
2. Search row of Google sheets
Now I am using the search row module to get info of the client and then send the next update to them.
Since I am using the same scenario for different destinations and different purposes I am using a router to send them to the relevant path according to the link variable.
4. Webhook response
I have used this module to send them a link destination they have demanded and I have promoted before.
5. Sleep module (optional)
I am using the sleep module to give time to my client to check out the link and then send the relevant info in form of a video or article through email.
6. Send Email (Gmail)
I prefer to send email updates to send the next article or video when I have all their attention. This is the best time to remind them of the offer as they are thinking about me and they are interested in my content.